Further limited funding for support with energy and heating costs is now available as part of the government’s latest household support funding, with applications being accepted for the Department of Work and Pensions monies until 31 March 2023, subject to funding availability.
Some eligible residents have already been contacted and advised to apply for support towards their energy costs. You can still apply if you have been contacted. Please remember to include your reference number in your application.
Who can claim this grant?
You can make a claim for this grant if you have received an invitation from Bromley Council to apply. Please include your unique reference number.
You can apply as Bromley resident if you or your household meets one of the criteria below:
- your household has a net annual household income of less than £21,000 and savings of less than £1,000.
- you are a vulnerable person in receipt of means tested benefits and can demonstrate a particular hardship
- you are disabled and have experienced increases in utility bills due to usage of equipment or transport costs
- you are entitled to but not claiming qualifying benefits
- you have begun a claim or return to payment of a benefit after the relevant qualifying date. See cost of living payment government guidance.
- you receive non-means tested benefits and missed out on the cost-of-living payments
To help your application
To help ensure a smooth application, please take time to gather relevant information together before starting the application, including potentially storing the required documents on your computer or device.
Before you complete this form, please make sure that you have available the following evidence in support of your application:
- proof of income (bank statement/payslip/other proof of income and savings)
- gas/electricity bill for your current address (dated within the last three months)
- unique reference number (where relevant)
You can choose, as part of the application process, to either post required evidence to us or you can upload the documentation to our website. Please only send copies of documents rather than the original statement or utility bill.
You will also need an email address to apply and please know what email address this is. It is important that multiple applications are not submitted per individual resident.
We must make sure that all applications are made legitimately. If you falsely declare your circumstances, provide a false statement, or provide false evidence in support of your application, you may have committed an offence under the Fraud Act 2006. We have a zero-tolerance approach to fraud and financial irregularity. We are making anti-fraud checks and all suspicions of fraud will be investigated
How will I know what the council’s decision is?
We will email a notice of our decision to you and your referral partner (if relevant). You and your referral partner/agency will receive written notice of the decision. This will explain the decision and how the award will be made if you have been successful. Eligible residents who receive this support will then need to spend it with their energy provider.
Who can make the application
You can apply for funding on a personal basis, support someone else who may be eligible, with support from the Household Support Fund helpline or a professional that works in one of the following setting:
- Registered charities and voluntary organisations
- Schools/education settings
- Food banks
- Care organisations
- Children’s services
- Adult social care
- Revenues and customer support
- Public health
- Care and NHS professionals including nurses and GPs. Referrals received from other parties will also be welcomed
Household Support Fund helpline
If you need support with completing your application form please contact 020 8461 7999. The lines are open on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 12noon.
Household Support Fund postal address
Household support fund team
Room 205, North Block, Civic Centre, Stockwell Close,Bromley, BR1 3UH