Children's occupational therapy team (0-18 years)

Our occupational therapy team (OT) at the council provides specialist major adaptations at home for children’s disability needs after assessment. There are occupational therapy colleagues in housing services and the NHS who provide a different occupational therapy role. To help, we have provided some detail about these services and how they can be contacted.

Some of  the areas that social care occupational therapy will assess:

  • access to and from the home
  • access within the home, to a bedroom, washing/toileting facility, to a family room or lounge
  • for managing more easily at home (such as moving and handling)

A request for a Disabled Facilities Grant may be required on your behalf to our housing grants team.

Advice and information can be provided regarding minor adaptations and specialist equipment like the other occupational services listed.

Where can I find out more about equipment?

An Independent Living Centre provides a place where you can find out about equipment, adaptations and assistive technology (AT)/telecare - you would be able to see and try a range of equipment that is available as well as discuss your needs and further options.

From 1 January 2024, the Bromley Independent Living Centre will be located at Astley Day Centre (39 Magpie Hall Ln, Bromley BR2 8ED) and will be available by appointment only whilst we further develop the site to improve accessibility. Please arrange an appointment with your allocated Occupational Therapist if you have one, or contact our admin support on 0208 461 7985 to arrange an appointment.

Children’s social care occupational therapy

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8461 7254