Jobs and employment - Armed Forces community

Support and information about finding work

Council services

Employment advice for the armed forces.

Jobs at the London Borough of Bromley

The London Borough of Bromley is a great place to live and work, with the main council offices based in Bromley Town Centre.

Read about what pay and benefits we offer and search and apply for jobs at the council.

Government support

The Career Transition Partnership (CTP) is a partnering agreement between the Ministry of Defence and Right Management Ltd which provides resettlement support services for those leaving the Armed Forces, as they transition from their military career into employment, further education or retirement and for up to two years after leaving in the form of employment support.

Charities and other resources

LifeWorks is a support service which can help and advise veterans who want to move into sustainable employment, training, or education.

Officers' Association supports veterans through the transition from a military to a civilian career to achieve sustainable employment.

The Forces Employment Charity (RFEA) provides support, jobs and training opportunities to service leavers and veterans, irrespective of circumstances, rank, length of service, or reason for leaving.

These organisations also provide employment support for the armed forces community:

Defence Relationship Management (DRM) is the Ministry of Defence Agency which provides advice on the legal rights and responsibilities for organisations employing any members of the armed forces community, including reservists, military spouses and veterans.

Recruit for Spouses is an independent social enterprise that offers employment opportunities for the spouses of serving members of the armed forces.

Further help

For help with a specific query, please email us.


Armed Forces services