Legally, employers sometimes need to report accidents which have happened on their premises. This includes accidents involving visitors to commercial premises (shops, offices etc). If you are involved in an accident on an employer's premises, you can contact us for advice and help.

If you are an employer and wish to report an accident that happened to a member of your staff or a member of the public that has visited your premises, but are unsure what to report please visit the Health and Safety Executive.

If you have had an accident whilst visiting a shop or other business in Bromley, you should:

  • inform the company of your accident and ensure it is recorded in their accident book
  • contact us so that we may investigate it further.

If the injured person is taken directly to hospital from the accident site e.g. by ambulance, taxi or car, then the business must formally report it to the Incident Contact Centre.  This report must be done by the premises and not a member of the public.

Health and safety

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 0300 303 8657

Fax: 020 8313 4450