Wake Up 2 Care - voluntary care workers
We are appealing for volunteers who are willing and able to support local care providers in supporting vulnerable and older people in care homes or in the clients own homes.
Who are we looking for?
- Anyone can be a volunteer care worker
- We welcome people of every age, gender, race and cultural background
- You do not need to have experience of working in care in a professional capacity
- You may have looked after a loved one or a friend
- You may be looking for a career change, are retired or currently working part time
- You must be prepared to work for an organisation for at least six months.
What will Volunteers get in return?
Online and on the job induction
- Manual Handling Introduction
- Emergency First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Infection Control
- Safe Administration of Medication
- Safeguarding for Adults
You will also be given full guidance and support on Personal Protection Equipment and other health and safety measures in line with public health guidance
Brief job description pathway one - voluntary care worker
Your main duties will be:
- Checking that the service user has eaten
- Helping to prepare a meal
- Taking time to talk to the service user, befriending them.
- Shopping and errands
- Tidying up (minor cleaning, for example after a meal has been prepared)
The council and service provider will not cover any expenses incurred.