We are responsible for regulating privately owned residential, holiday or touring mobile home, caravan or camping sites within the borough. By licensing and inspecting these sites we aim to ensure they are safe and properly managed. We also provide owners and residents with useful advice and information on various caravan site issues.


Site licences identify owners and their various site management and maintenance responsibilities. These include:

  • providing adequate amenities and fire precautions
  • controlling the number of caravans on the site
  • distances between and positioning of caravans
  • providing adequate water supplies and drainage
  • providing adequate gas and electric mains supplies
  • providing adequate site lighting and access

To obtain a site licence the operator must first get appropriate planning permission to use their land for this purpose. They may then make an application for a licence to the local authority. Only when the local authority is satisfied that the applicant has the appropriate planning permission and the site is up to the required standard will a licence be issued.


Exempt sites in the borough include two traveller sites, sites regulated by the Camping and Caravanning Club, sites for travelling show persons and temporary sites occupied by agricultural, forestry, engineering and construction workers.

Housing enforcement

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 0300 303 8657

Fax: 020 8313 4450