There are many ways you can support the people of Ukraine

As part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme, the council visits homes of residents who have applied to be part of this.  If you have not heard from us and have recently applied, then we will be in touch in the coming days.  If you need to get in touch, please email or telephone Bromley’s Ukraine support line 020 8313 4698.

You can register for the government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme.

You can also visit the Reset Communities and Refugees website who are helping register and match refugees from Ukraine with sponsors across the UK.

You can view the government’s welcome guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK

Ukraine Support Hub

In addition to our telephone advice service, Bromley’s Ukraine Support Hub continues to be open, each Thursday, where attendees can drop in between 9:30am and 12:30pm and access specialist advice. 

Information, advice and support is available at Bromley’s Ukraine Support Hub, about a variety of subjects, including advice about healthcare, employment, education, learning English and everyday issues. The hub hosts both representatives from various organisations and a wealth of material, both for the new residents of the borough and for residents who are sponsoring hosts.

Advice about education

Bromley Council’s school admissions team are available to assist families with securing school places for their children as quickly as possible. The school admissions team can help answer your enquiries on which school may have available spaces, how to apply, what year group you child is in and other enquires you may have via

You can apply for a school place using the application forms:

If you have a child in a Bromley school who is affected by the crisis, please talk to your child’s teachers about any concerns you have and support you would like the school to provide.

Learning English

The Council is working in partnership with London South East Colleges (LSEC) and our Bromley Adult Education College (BAEC) to meet the increasing demand for English language classes for adults and young people. This new partnership has been forged to ensure that as many opportunities are made available as possible for our Ukrainian guests to access ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) courses.

To register your interest, please complete the online application form and the team will book a time for your initial assessment to take place as soon as possible, within 1-2 weeks.

After your assessment, you may be offered a course at BAEC or at LSEC based on your language needs, location and other factors.

If you are interested in attending ESOL courses, you may be offered an assessment at BAEC or LSEC. These courses are free of charge to all Ukrainian guests supported through the Ukraine Family Scheme and Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme. The ESOL courses are in the main for adults over 19 years old, however there are options available for young people from 16-19 years old to study at LSEC.

If you have any questions or require support with filling out the form, please contact and the team will be in contact as soon as possible to assist you.

Information, advice, donations and practical support

If you are a resident with friends and family in Ukraine and need information or support about what is happening please contact the Ukrainian Embassy.

For information on travel advice to and from Ukraine visit GOV.UK.

Find immigration advice on temporary concessions for Ukrainian nationals applying to join a family route at GOV.UK.

Find out more information about how you can make a financial donation and give practical support to the people of Ukraine.

Published: 2nd September 2022