Any household or garden waste can be taken to the reuse and recycling centre during the opening times. Soil, brick, DIY, rubble and construction waste may be accepted for a fee according to weight.
As the centre can be very busy at weekends and before bank holidays, try to plan your journey to the centre to avoid these times. You can view the webcam before you leave to check for queues.
If you need to dispose of bulky items, why not consider donating them? You can also use our chargeable bulky item collection service.
Opening hours - domestic waste and recycling
Monday to Friday 7am to 5:30pm
Saturday 7:30am to 4pm
Sunday 8am to 1pm
Good Friday and bank holidays 8am to 4pm
The centre is closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Please allow yourself sufficient time to unload and dispose of your recycling etc. We must close the site at the times stated above.
Waldo Road, Bromley, BR1 2QX
Please observe the signs at the centre and do not queue into Homesdale Road as this causes traffic congestion.
There are a number of recycling facilities for:
- Paper and card
- Car and household batteries
- Fridges and freezers
- Wellington boots
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Low-energy light bulbs
- Printer cartridges
- Plastic bottles and plastic garden furniture
- Electrical and electronic items, including washing machines, televisions, stereos, monitors, computers and lap-tops as well as all other types of electrical equipment.
Large style containers improve efficiency and reduce congestion. Please ask for help if you need assistance climbing the steps to the container, and do not forget to wear sensible footwear.
There are also reuse and recycling sites and the Churchfields Road reuse and recycling centre in the borough
There is also a container for cement-bonded asbestos. Once at the centre, you will need to contact the site staff to arrange for the container to be unlocked before you unload this material. Please note, it will only be accepted if it is put in at least two bags that have been sealed to prevent dust escaping.
Our reuse and recycling centres are cashless, we accept card payments only.
Bromley residents need to bring their council tax bill, drivers licence or a form of identification that includes their address when visiting the centre in order to use the site for the disposal of recycling and waste free of charge. If you use the reuse and recycling centre and do not have a appropriate documentation, if you are in a car, as a resident, you will be charged £3.
If residents want to dispose of soil, brick, rubble, DIY and construction waste there is a charge. Currently, the minimum charge is £23 and vehicles will need to use the weighbridge for an exact price.
Information for traders
- Commercial waste is no longer accepted at Waldo Road Reuse and Recycling Centre to provide a more efficient centre for household waste. Instead, businesses can continue to take commercial waste to Churchfields Reuse and Recycling Centre.
- All commercial waste is subject to a Duty of Care waste transfer note.
- Vehicles using the site (where applicable) must be registered with the Environment Agency and be able to produce a waste carrier registration or certificate number when requested. Information about how to obtain a waste carriers licence is available on the Environment Agency website.