What is a crossover?

It is illegal to drive over the pavement unless there is a crossover

If you want access to your drive to park on your property, you will need to apply to us for a crossover. Crossovers can only be constructed by the council as we are responsible for roads and  pavements (footways).

A crossover strengthens the pavement, preventing damage to it and any public utility services (like pipes) that are below the surface. They also prevent damage to your vehicle that occurs from bumping over the kerb. You may need planning permission for the crossover.

Illegal crossover imageHouse with legal crossover

Vehicle crossing the pavement illegally can damage it, making it unsafe. To park legally on your driveway, you need a properly constructed crossover.

Customer contact centre

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 0300 303 8658