In year admissions are for any year group between Reception and Year 11 during the school year and outside of the normal transfer process for Reception, Year 3 (junior schools only) and Year 7.
If you child is already at primary, infant, junior or secondary school and you want them to move to a different school during the school year, you need to apply for the school(s) you wish them to move to. This is called an in year admission.
You need to apply for an in year admission if:
- you have moved into Bromley and want your child to attend a Bromley school
- you want to move your child from a Bromley school to a different Bromley school
- your child is currently home educated, and you wish them now to attend a Bromley school
- You live outside of Bromley and wish to apply for a Bromley school
You do not need to apply for an in year admission if your child is:
- in Year 2 at an infant school and due to move to Year 3 in a junior school in the next academic year. You need to apply for a primary school place.
- In Year 6 at primary or junior school and due to move to Year 7 at secondary school in the next academic year. You need to apply for a secondary school place
- If your child has an Education, health, and Care Plan (EHCP). You will need to contact the Special Education Needs team on 020 8313 4739 for advice.
The council co-ordinates the in year admission applications for all Bromley schools and academies, except those listed below:
- Harris Academy Beckenham
- Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley
- Harris Academy Orpington
For these schools you will need to apply direct to the schools. If you are applying for a school or academy outside of Bromley, you will need to contact that school or their local authority to find out how to apply. You cannot apply through London Borough of Bromley.
There is no guarantee that your preferred school(s) will be able to offer a place to your child. You should not remove your child from their current school until you have secured a place at another school.
If you are looking to move schools in years 10 and 11, please consider that the curriculum is often already set and may not be able to match your child’s current courses or exam awarding bodies. It is important that you research what options are available for you child at your preferred school(s).
How to apply for an in year admission
The in year admission application is not currently available online. To apply, please download and print the relevant application.
From Reception to Year 6
From Year 7 to Year 11
Forms can also be collected from the main reception at Bromley Civic Centre (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm).