If you have a disabled child aged 0 - 25 years old you can register them with us online.

Register now

Why register

You don't have to register your child with us if you don't want to, it is entirely voluntary. By law we have to keep a register of disabled children living in Bromley.
The register helps us plan services for disabled children. We use anonymous statistical information from the register to work out what type of services parents need for their children and in which areas.  You can read more about our privacy policyIf you register you may be able to get a discount card called a Max card.

Who can go on the register

For the register, the definition of disability is taken from the Equalities Act 2010 and can include: 

  • Autism or Asperger's syndrome
  • ADHD
  • Cerebral palsy
  • Dyspraxia
  • Deaf, blind or deafblind
  • Mobility problems
  • Learning disability
  • Undiagnosed medical conditions
  • Terminal illness

We may ask for evidence of your Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or benefit documents, either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP). We cannot provide proof of your child’s disability as this is an online service and we will not be assessing or diagnosing your child’s ability..

Removing your child or yourself from the register

We automatically remove your child's details once they reach 25 years old.
If you want to be removed earlier than this, please email cdr@bromley.gov.uk and we will remove all details within 30 days.

Further information

Please contact us for more information about the register.

Children and young peoples disability register