Apply for a freedom pass
There is no charge for a Freedom Pass. We aim to process applications within six - eight weeks of receipt.
You will need to include copies of documents as proof of your name, age, address and benefit award.
Please make sure you have the following information ready before completing the application form. Attachments must not exceed more than 15MB in total.
You will need to provide a copy of one of the following as proof of your name and age:
- current Freedom Pass
- letter of pension entitlement
- current passport
- medical card
- birth certificate (unless your name has changed)
- current driving licence (paper or photocard)
And a copy of one of the following as proof of your address:
- current council tax bill/letter/payment book
- current housing association rent book/statement/letter
- current TV licence
- residential utility bill excluding mobile phone bills (dated within the last three months)
- residential personal bank or building society statement (dated within the last three months)
- HM Revenues and Customs letter (dated within the last three months)
- Department for Work and Pensions letter (dated within the last three months)
- occupational pension letter (dated within the last three months)
- private credit card statement (dated within the last three months)
- consent to verify your address via electoral register or council tax.
You will also need to attach or provide evidence of benefit award received.
In addition, you will need: 1 recent passport-sized photograph of yourself.
Photos will need to meet the standards appropriate for passport or driver’s licence applications. For further information on photograph standards you can check here; https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports or contact the Freedom Pass helpline: 0300 330 1433 (local call rate, open Monday - Sunday 8am to 8pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are completing this form on behalf of someone else you will be asked to provide proof that you are an appointee, you have enduring power of attorney or proof of legal guardianship.
Your application may be referred to an occupational therapist who could require additional information from you.
If you need to provide evidence to support your application please use the evidence upload form.