Reporting problems with disrepair

If you live in rented accommodation, have a problem with the property's state of repair and your landlord is refusing to carry out works, you can report this to us.  You must report the problem to your landlord in writing either by letter or email and be able to produce evidence (dated within 3 months) of doing so before contacting us.

If you are a private tenant and after a reasonable period of time, (normally 14 days), repairs have not been carried out, report this to us below.

If you are a tenant of a Registered Social Landlord (RSL) or Housing Association (HA), your landlord will have a formal complaints procedure and you will need to have been through this process first before we can take your complaint further. Find out how to contact your RSL/HA.

Shelter also provides useful information on reporting repairs, including a letter template. Alternatively you may use this template letter.

Report disrepair problem

Further information 

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) have additional requirements for fire safety and amenities. 

Housing enforcement

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 0300 303 8657

Fax: 020 8313 4450