How much does it cost

All equipment is on a hire basis. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, internet and telephone or by standing order.

If the equipment is lost or damaged there will be costs charged for its replacement. Please contact the Carelink office if you require further information or discuss it with the officer when they are installing the equipment.

Education and Care Services (social services) customers

We will assess your needs, and if you get an alarm you may be asked to pay part of the cost, depending on your financial circumstances. Once you have been assessed by a care manager they will pass the information to Carelink and the service will arrange to visit you and install the equipment. We will let you know how much you will have to pay for the service.

Private customers

Carelink offers two levels of service

Full mobile response service

This service includes 24 hour monitoring and 24 hour mobile officer support, and in the event of an emergency Carelink mobile officers will respond to you. You would need to provide keys for emergency access (a key safe is recommended) or you can provide alternative emergency access details.

The charge for this service is £10.50 per week, subject to annual increase.

Monitoring only service

This service includes 24 hour monitoring only. You would need to nominate at least three local keyholders who are willing and able to visit you in the event of an emergency, day or night. We will provide the mobile response service, on a call-out basis, in the event of your keyholders being unavailable.

The charge for this service is £7.07 per week, subject to annual increase.

The mobile response call out fee for the monitoring only service is £100, subject to annual increase.

Unfortunately Carelink cannot offer a financial assessment to private customers which may help pay for the costs of the service. If you are concerned  about the costs of the service you may be able to be assessed for the service by a Care manager

Apply for Carelink and assistive technology

Request carelink and assisted technology

Housing Associations

Costs for Housing associations are different as there is no equipment outlay. If you are a housing association and wish to discuss the service and costs please contact Carelink.


Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8466 0046

Fax: 020 8313 4722