Cycle maintenance course
This is a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited course.
Do your gears jump? Do your brakes no longer stop you? We can help you to learn to fix these problems!
By keeping the group sizes small, you will work together with fully trained and qualified City & Guilds cycle mechanics to improve your knowledge of bike maintenance.
Our aim is to ensure that you will leave at the end of the course with the confidence to fix common problems on your bike. There is a practical element to the course, so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Diagnosing problems with your bike (‘M’ check)
- Tools of the trade
- Learning about tyre pressure and wheel sizes
- Removing and replacing your wheels correctly
- Fitting a new inner tube without causing a puncture
- On the road emergency repairs
- Brake and gear adjustment
- Replacing your brake blocks and setting them to achieve maximum wear and braking power
- Learning how to clean and lubricate brake and gear cables
Course locations and times
Our courses are based at Bromley Common. The courses start at 9am and finish at 3pm.
New dates will be advertised in 2023
The cost for the 1 day course with qualified City & Guilds cycle mechanics is £50 (per person). Minimum age is 18 years.
Register your interest
To register your interest, please complete the online form.
Find out more about cycle safety checks