Children missing education refers to all children of compulsory school age who are neither on a school roll nor being educated otherwise.

We are committed to ensuring that all children receive their statutory education entitlement.  If you have concerns that a child may be missing education please complete the referral form to Bromley education welfare service.

Children missing out on education are those who are on a school roll but have not attended for a substantial period of time.  This could be due to medical needs or school phobia or other unmet needs. If you have concerns that a child is missing out on their education contact Bromley Education Welfare Service.

How to notify us

Please complete the missing education referral form or contact the Education Welfare Service. 

Removal of pupil from school register

All schools (including independent schools) have to notify us about students that have ceased to attend and now have a new provision. 

Notify us about removing a pupil from school admissions register

What happens next

On notification, the allocated officer will undertake all relevant enquiries; contact the family and young person in order to support them to reengage with education.

If at any time you have a reasonable concern that a child or young person has suffered significant harm or may be at immediate or acute risk of suffering significant harm, please contact children's social care.

Our policy and procedure 

Bromley children missing education policy and procedures document

Education welfare service