Obtaining building control approval

If you are considering building works or alterations to your home or premises, you may legally need to seek building regulation approval. Building regulations have three main purposes:  

  • to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings;
  • conserving fuel and energy;
  • access to and use of buildings

There are two ways to obtain approval and provision to regularise unauthorised work. See our pages for more information and how to apply:

  • Full Plans approval (compliance check of plans)
  • Building notice approval (small or minor domestic work)
  • Regularisation application  (works that have been carried out without approval)

Our service is only applicable to properties in the borough. We are members of Local Authority Building Control (LABC) and if the property is not in this borough, the LABC website can give you further help.

Building control

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8313 4313