Regularisation application

If building work is carried out without having first obtained the necessary Building Regulations approval, it may be possible to issue a Regularisation Certificate retrospectively.


 A Regularisation Certificate can only be issued if:

  • the work conforms with the Building Regulations and is of an acceptable standard;
  • work started after November 11th 1985. 


Fees vary

 Building control charges

How to apply

The application must describe the extent of the unauthorised work and, where possible, include a plan of that work. You should also detail any additional work you intend to carry out to secure compliance with the requirements of the current Building Regulations. 

We may ask for certain parts of the work to be opened up for inspection and may require alterations to be carried out before the Regularisation Certificate can be issued.

To obtain a Regularisation Certificate use the regularisation application form. For emailed applications, we will contact you to confirm the fee and take the payment once we have registered your application.

Building control

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8313 4313