Clothes and textiles
In the UK, 336,000 tonnes of clothing end up being thrown in the bin every year.
By giving unwanted clothes away you will be helping the environment, benefiting the community, and giving your unloved clothes a second chance in a new home.
To avoid turning your clothes into rubbish, you can:
- Donate good quality clothes, shoes and accessories to your local charity shop or one of our recycling sites.
- Pass on or swap clothes with friends and neighbours or post on local sites such as Freegle, Freecycle or Facebook.
- Take shoes, clothes and textiles in any condition to one of our recycling sites.
- Use the kerbside collection service (if you live in a house)
Every week we will collect your separately bagged and loosely tied clothes and textiles which could include:
- Towels and tea towels
- Rags and worn textiles
- Duvet covers
Please don’t put these in your bag:
- Duvets, pillows and other stuffed items
- Sleeping bags
Leave the bags by your green or black box. Please don't use black bags as we might mistake your recycling for rubbish. Vehicle space is limited, so if we don’t collect these items one week, bring them in and put out for collection the following week.