Graffiti and flyposting
We aim to clear and remove reported graffiti and flyposting within three working days, where the location is visible and accessible from the highway. Our contractor will not enter onto a 3rd party’s property without authorisation from the owner.
Our contractor will contact the owner of the property if there is any doubt as to the suitability of the method of use to avoid damage caused by the works.
We aim to remove offensive or racist graffiti within 24 hours.
We are not responsible for the removal of graffiti on:
- Bus Stops - contact Surface Transport/TFL Call Centre on 0343 222 1234
- Bus Shelters - routinely cleaned every two to three weeks, contact Clear Channel/TFL on 0343 222 1234
- BT junction boxes - contact British Telecom on 0800 023 2023 providing the telephone number of the box or the road and nearest junction
- Electricity sub-stations - contact UK Power on 0800 028 4587, providing the sub-station number, your name and postcode
- Housing Association properties - contact the housing association
- Privately-owned street furniture (such as post boxes) - contact Royal Mail on 0345 774 0740 with the post box number
- Railway bridges - railway bridges across the road and land owned by Network Rail, contact Network Rail on 0345 711 4141
- School grounds - contact the school directly
Flyposting on street furniture
We do licence banners in certain specific locations, but banners placed on street furniture and pedestrian safety railings are not permitted and will be removed.