You can use this form to apply for a Discretionary Housing payment. 

Once we have received your application we will process it as soon as possible and you will be advised by letter whether or not your claim is successful.

Please answer the following questions to explain why you need a discretionary housing payment to help pay your rent. It is important that you tell us as much as possible about your circumstances. Please send us any documents you have to support your answers. You will need to provide recent bank statements in all cases and if in receipt of Universal Credit Housing Element please provide proof of your rent. You can provide this by using our evidence upload form.

Information about housing benefit and discretionary housing payment.


Please only use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons, not your browser back button.


Use of your personal data
The London Borough of Bromley may use your personal data without your specific consent to provide you with one or more council services, and to comply with the council’s statutory and legal obligations. Information about how the council uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available at